Resources for Small Businesses during COVID-19:
We are here to help. The Spring is working with legal and financial experts and collecting resources to ensure we are providing the best support to our community and its small businesses. We will keep this page updated as more resources and information become available.
- The Spring and the Greater Pensacola Chamber hosted live Q&As with DC Reeves, The Spring CEO, to answer questions from small business owners on how to navigate these uncertain times and persevere during COVID-19.
- D.C. Reeves, and Scott Remington, Clark Partington President and Managing Shareholder, discussed the CARES Act legislation, what it means for you and what it can do for your business. If you missed the live video, you can watch it back here.
- DC and Amie Remington, LandrumHR General Counsel, discussed all of the new employee and employer challenges facing local businesses. You can watch the video here.
- Do you have questions about how PPP Forgiveness will work? On May 15th, D.C. Reeves, CEO of The Spring, and David Bier, COO at Anglin Reichmann Armstrong, P.C., hosted a webinar discussing latest news and advice for Paycheck Protection Program forgiveness. View the recording of the webinar today! To access the tools and resources David discussed during the presentation, please email email@example.com.
- Clark Partington shared a summary on their website that breaks down the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). The CARES Act supplements and expands the Small Business Act (SBA) through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). The PPP guarantees loans to small businesses, a portion of which may be forgiven if used for certain payroll and operating costs during the current pandemic. In this summary, Ian S. Macdonald provides details on eligibility for the loan, definitions, terms and much more.
- Quint Studer’s recent columns in the Pensacola News Journal:
- Quint recently wrote “Tips for How to Lead in Uncertain Times.” This may be a helpful piece for you to reference as you try to navigate the current circumstances and lead your team throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. You can access the article here. Be sure to also check out check out the Quint Studer's Leading in Uncertain Times toolkit. This is an all-encompassing resource for small business owners to reference and utilize during these unprecedented times. You can access the toolkit here.
- Quint recently presented "How Businesses Can Use This Downtown to Sharpen Their Saw," and you can now view the recording of his presentation. Additionally, you can review Quint's article and assessment that the webinar was based off of here.
- The Northwest Florida Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program was created to help small businesses throughout the panhandle. Businesses with 2-10 employees will be able to apply for a grant of up to $5,000 to help offset losses related to the coronavirus pandemic. The fund was jump-started with a $250,000 Gulf Power donation through its economic development fund. The Florida Small Business Development Center at the University of West Florida will administer the program and any assistance needed to complete the application. The organization has also been working to help businesses apply for both a state emergency bridge loan and a federal disaster loan. The grant application will be open from April 8 to 15 at sbdc.uwf.edu. Business owners can download the application beginning April 6. To find out more on this program, check out this article in PNJ.
- DigiPro Media, LLC, announced a new Small Business Initiative, SaveSmallBusiness.US, to benefit businesses in our community that have been affected by COVID-19. The Save Small Business US site ties together the state websites in Florida, California and Alabama that already offer a cash flow solution to small businesses and their staff. The national site serves as a resource for small businesses and the entities that support them to collaborate, have visibility, find suggestions and solutions that have worked for others and share the benefit of their experience. To list your business, go to SaveSmallBusiness.US, select “List Business” and fill out the form to become a part of the initiative.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payment Information from the IRS: The IRS is offering tax help for taxpayers, businesses, tax-exempt organizations and others – including health plans – affected by COVID-19. Find more information about IRS tax relief and economic impact payment here.